Rocky Springs B&B sits on the grounds of the former Rocky Springs Amusement Park which was a hub for entertainment and social activity in Lancaster, PA for more than 100 years.
During the late 1800’s and early 1900’s three steamboats provided transportation on the Conestoga River (located behind Rocky Springs B&B). The Lady Gay, (owned by John Peoples) and The Emma Belle and The Evelyn B. (both owned by Herman Griffiths) traveled from Bridgeport (at Witmer’s Bridge) one mile downriver to Rocky Springs Park and People’s Bathing Resort. Mr. Griffiths was the manager of Rocky Springs Park and lived in the mansion at Rocky Springs (now the Bed and Breakfast) with his family which included his wife, Emma, and children William and Isabella.
Our Emma Belle room gets its name from the steamer, which was named after Herman Griffith’s wife, Emma and his daughter, Isabella.